Happy New Year!
New Year, New Beginning.
I hope you had a safe and happy New Years Eve. My youngest daughter and I stayed at home, just hanging out and watching the fireworks at midnight.
Last Year has been a bit messed up despite all my great plans of, what I was going to do with my blog, my crafting and such. Anyway, I'm sure THIS year will be different, especially since it started out great!
Want to know why ?
If not, I'm going to tell you anyway.
I won a writing contest!
And now I feel like I could fly, just like a butterfly. I've had that feeling all day, ever since I found out I won. There weren't a lot of other people participating, but still, I never thought I would win, and I'm SO proud of myself for participating. Especially since I never meant to, it was a last minute decision on my part.You can read my entry in this post and read the contest rules on CyberChimps blog here .
Now, as probably most other people around the World, I've got several New Years resolutions and goals I want to achieve before the end of year 2014.
How about you? please share in the comments section :)
I'm only going to show you my goals list, since it's pretty much all about my blog and creative goals.
Goals For 2014
- Making a new logo/avatar, so you can recognize me better around the Internet and decide whether you want to run screaming away or you want to talk to me ;)
- Finish the overall look of my blog, so you have a nice visit.
- Designing my first crochet pattern for you to enjoy making. (paid or free)
- Designing my first knitting pattern. Same as the above.
- Setting up a shop where you can buy my PDF's and handmade items (to begin with, Denmark only, sorry , but shipping is expensive across borders from here). PDF's will be available Worldwide though.
- Translating older posts and pages in to Danish, for those of you who're having difficulty understanding English.
- Start writing knitting and crochet tutorials for you to use. (English-US and Danish)
- Sort all my PDF patterns and e-books by Designer in case you ask me if I know where to find a particular pattern.
Anyway, on to the W.I.P. I want to show you for this week.
Like A Butterfly.
So I was looking for a sweater I could make for my 8 year old daughter, BUT everytime I've been looking it was like I couldn't find any I really really liked, or any she like for that matter. Girls start very early knowing what they like and want , when it comes to clothing, right ?
Anyway , one day I came across My Pdf Patterns and there they were, lots of gorgeous patterns for girls and most important.....My daughter loved them! She got to choose which sweater she wanted me to knit and then we went yarn shopping at the local LYS.
I'm almost done with the back.
When done it,hopefully, has a giant crocheted butterfly on both the front and back. It's my favourite knitting atm when wacthing a movie since it's all stockinette stitch except the butterflies. I just wish my 5 mm needles haven't gone missing lol , the downside of working several pieces that uses the same needle size and are interchangable.
What are you working on ? I would love to know.
Thanks you for stopping by ,reading and commenting :)
If you want to see more awesome W.I.P.'s be sure to stop by Tamis